What Happens if I Lose My Data?
Your data is the life blood of your company. What happens if you can longer access your Point of Sales information? Your bills and invoices? Payroll information?
The aftermath of data loss can be catastrophic.
- 93% of companies that lost their data center for 10 days or more due to a disaster, filed for bankruptcy within one year of the disaster. 50% of businesses who were without their data for 10 or more days filed for bankruptcy immediately. (National Archives & Records Administration in Washington)
- 94% of companies with a catastrophic data loss NEVER recover – 43% can’t reopen and 51% are out of business within two years. (University of Texas)
Make sure you are using backups:
- 96% of all business workstations are not being backed up. (Contingency Planning and Strategic Research Corporation)
- 25% of all PC users suffer from data loss each year (Gartner)
Offsite, Cloud-based backups may be a better solution for you because:
- 77% of those companies who perform testing on their tape backups have discovered back-up failures. (Boston Computing Network, Data Loss Statistics)
- 50% of all tape backups cannot be restored. (Gartner)
Source: What are the Consequences of Data Loss? https://www.unitrends.com/blog/what-are-the-consequences-of-data-loss
#dataloss #backups #cloud